Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Prayer

Each day I pray with Vienna before she goes to school. We have a long driveway so sometimes we just "pray and walk". It's such a habit that if I forget, Vienna or Lance will remind me. I pray for V's safety on the bus, her health, her attitude, the students in the class, her teacher, etc. It's a great way to start the school day and takes little time. I want my kids to look back at their childhood and know they were prayed for.
I just thought of another idea. V just got her class photo so I'm going to pray for each kid in the class with her at bedtime, one kid at a time. I think it'll be a good way to learn about each child too, since I am so disconnected from her school life now that she takes the bus. I'll give her a chance to tell me about the classmate and then we'll include him/her in our bedtime prayers. Thought I'd share that little idea for other praying parents out there.

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

great idea to learn more about V's classmates and pray for them! I can't wait to get Eli's class pic so I can learn who in the world is in his class and put a face to the names he talks about all the time! I don't think his pics come back til after Christmas though!