Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Click here to visit In Light of the Trust, the origin of Monday Meanderings

SPIRITUAL LIFE
I looked into a Moms In Touch group here and there isn’t one. I’m not ready to start one at this point but will still be praying for my daughter’s school, teacher and the students.
I pray with Vienna each morning before she gets on the school bus too.

HUSBAND ENCOURAGEMENT
Plan meals and cook. This will be easier now that the weather is cooler. I prefer eating warm homey dishes this time of year! He likes warm food.

TRAIN THEM UP
V - restart regular one on one time with her (aka dates)
L - starts preschool Tuesday two mornings a week; start dates with him
C - keep my schedule clear so I can be home for his PM naps

PERSONAL GOALS
I plan to stay off the computer more now that our schedule is busier. I lose track of time far too often and really would rather focus on the kids when I have a few minutes. A friend posted the funniest status on FB recently. He said: “I'm having such a great time right now I thought I should pause and update facebook.” It’s so true! It’s just like when people check email or FB when they are VISITING friends. I think it’s so silly that we are no longer living in the present. Just updating the world what we are doing rather than enjoy doing it. Ok that is my rant about people and this is why I don’t text or own a gadget that’s constantly connected to the internet. I have no self-control in that department! And it’s sad how socially acceptable this is becoming. (Moms at the park - I’m talking to you too!)

NEW HABIT OF THE MONTH
Meal planning!

MUST DO
Finish leader binders for the Military Moms Ministry.
Poster for Lance’s preschool.

ZONE
My bathroom. I want to decorate it. I have some ideas and want to carry them through. I want to finish decorating since it’ll be one year that we moved in come November!

MENU
Yay for a picnic this afternoon. No idea about the rest of the week. Probably a chicken curry dish tomorrow.

FUN THINGS
Lance starts preschool tomorrow.
Military Moms this week.

THREE THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR
1. Muffins. I love muffins for breakfast.
2. My dog. She is a good girl and is good company.
3. My office. I love having a place to make cards and leave stuff out.

No comments: