Monday, August 23, 2010

One decade!

It's my anniversary! I've been a bible believing girl for 10 whole years today! That's ONE decade! I wrote my testimony out two years ago. Click here to read it.

Job 42:5 says:
My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.

I feel that as soon as I believed, God's evidence was everywhere. I was shocked that I missed so many clues to His existence. The verse "seek and you will find" Matthew 7:7 is so true! Ask your questions and the pieces of the puzzle will come together like it did for me 10 years ago. I think one key was to put my pride aside and just be humble and ask with a learning heart. I was FILLED with biases about what Christianity was without really ever studying it. Seemed like a dumb religion to me. Putting people in a mold of how to be. Fake money hungry evangelists. Churches controlling people. Satan LIES and rules this earth so it's easy to fall victim to the false teachings all around.

God gives us the free will to CHOOSE Him or not. Some people do. Some people don't. And I as a human certainly can't make anyone believe, but MAN! I wish more people I love would ask more questions rather than pushing God away from their lives. (And ask with a genuine willingness to learn, not just listening long enough to make an argument against it.)

One of the little clues and "Hi I've been here all along waiting for you" was this plaque. I got it when I was about 3 years old from the Bible Tent. I went with my babysitter's kids. We had memory verses and if we remembered all of them for the week, we got a prize. I got two plaques and although one went missing years ago, I still have this one. What a verse! It hung on my wall alllll thru childhood and I never got it. My heart wasn't opened nor were my eyes! I remember the moment I saw this plaque after I believed. It was eerie... It was like... "Hey kid. Told you I was here."

Lord, thank you for your Truth. Thank you for being patient with me as I tried to do my own thing for so long. Thank you for Your Word that encourages me and teaches me about who You are. I am blessed to be your child and journey thru this earthly life with you at my side. Thank you for Jesus. I understand what He did for me so I can have this personal relationship with You. In His name I can come to you.... Amen.

3 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Whoo hooo! Great anniverary!

Anna's Yellow House said...

I remember this beautiful transition in your life! You are an inspiration with how God transforms each of us from the inside out.

Be Strong in the Lord said...

Happy Birthday... and many more decades of belonging and peace to come!