Thursday, August 26, 2010

Card fun

This is one of my fav cards I've made so far! I embossed the butterfly stamp (bought over 10 yrs ago from a street vendor in Ottawa) then colored it in with watermark colored pencils. Still working on the technique with that, but this is how I learn... practicing!
The leaves are stamped on from a stamp I bought at Michaels I think.
The scallop oval and oval punches are from Stampin Up! And so is the "best wishes" sentiment. (Designed for the punches I believe.) I didn't have orange ink so used a Crayola marker on that.
The last thing I did was to rub the black ink pad along the edges. To my delight, the ink seeped into the paper. Then when I bumped the paper with the ink beyond the edge by accident... I did it on purpose a few more times to create this cool aged effect.
I like simple!

No comments: