Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Meanderings

My friend Sarah is an organized soul and each Monday she sits down and organizes how she wants her week to look in various categories. I really like how she thinks about each part of her life so I’m going to try Monday Meanderings and see how it works for me.
As my husband says: “Plan what you do and do what you plan.” Not sure where he heard that but I like it.

SPIRITUAL LIFE
Bible Time: I want to continue my chronological read thru of the bible. It’s suppose to take a year and I am at Feb.9th. So sad.
Bible Verse: "Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more." 1 Thes 4:1
This is my goal… live in order to please God!!!

HUSBAND ENCOURAGEMENT
Jay likes hot meals so I want to be sure to cook for him all week rather than relying on him to grill.
Also pray for him daily.

TRAIN THEM UP
I’ve been taking the kids to the library each week and read to them daily. Once I had Colin, I went a month without reading to them! So glad to be on track with this.
Vienna got “homework” for the summer and I haven’t touched it. So before she goes back to school I want to go through those worksheets. I shall start this week.
Meanwhile, Lance doesn’t hold a pencil properly. I’ll work on that with him.
Baby Colin needs more tummy time. Has a bald spot on the back of his head from all the laying and sitting he does. hehehe

PERSONAL GOALS
Get on treadmill again. I started walking/running over a week ago but came down with a cold. I still have head pressure and headaches so hope to get back to it this week.
Finish the books I started, especially “Bringing Up Girls” by Dr. James Dobson. Excellent read and I'm halfway thru!

NEW HABIT OF THE MONTH
Doing this weekly!

MUST DO
Make cards for upcoming birthdays and mail them on time!
Groceries
Get giveaways together for my friend's yard sale
Military Moms Ministry planning for a meeting on Friday

ZONE
Each day I want to focus on a different room and clean things I wouldn’t touch with normal tidying, like windows, getting cobwebs on the ceiling, dusting ceiling fans, etc.
Monday: living room
Tuesday: dining room. stencil dining room window
Wed: kitchen
Thurs: my bedroom
Fri: my bathroom
Sat: V’s room
Sun: day off

MENU
I don’t assign specific meals to days of the week but
Meal 1: Baked beans and salad
Meal 2: Fried chicken, potatoes, veg
Meal 3: Pasta
Meal 4: Hamburger based something

FUN THINGS
Getting together with friends for a playdate
MIL coming Saturday

THREE THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR
1. Health. Amazing how even a cold can keep this one in perspective. Feeling good feels so good!
2. My husband. He is helpful around the house and I love him so much.
3. The relationship Vienna and Lance have. So glad they play well together.


2 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Ditto #1 under health - I was sick last week and when I'm miserable I always thank God that He didn't give me a chronic illness.

In Light of the Truth... said...

These are great! Thanks for joining me! BTW, you're a rock star for going to the library still! For some reason, ever since Carter came along I've hardly braved the library at all. I think we've only been there twice in the last 6 months, it's awful!! Must get back to it, thanks for the reminder!