Tuesday, June 15, 2010

gluten update

After a week of irregular BMs, a thought occurred to me... Colin hit the infamous 6 week mark of new smiles, new sleep patterns so maybe new BM patterns too?? So I looked this up on babycenter.com (a great resource):

"After six weeks, it's normal for some babies to have fewer bowel movements, though others may continue having frequent ones. Don't be alarmed if your baby has a bowel movement only once a week. He's not constipated unless his stools are hard and dry. If your baby's producing loose, unformed stools with a pea soup consistency and cottage cheese-like curds, he's getting a good balance of foremilk and hindmilk. Don't be concerned if his diaper overflows!"

I still don't know what's going on with Colin because he is still gassy so I'll continue with the gluten-free diet for the two weeks til I see his doctor and go from there. I spoke to someone today who suggested I just try gas drops. Well I didn't even think of that! Dah! I'm going to try that and remain gluten-free til I see his doctor. In the meantime, I am grateful for products like these:



1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Those cookies look so good. :) Glad for you that they actually taste good, too!