Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Moms in My life...

When I think of Mother's Day, I don't just think of MY mom. We have many mommies in our lives to acknowledge. Thought I'd just take a minute to udpate my blog with little memories of each lady.

Jay and I are fortunate enough to have both our grandmothers in our lives. Although they live far away.... We are thinking of:
My Dad's Mom - We call her Nan or Nanabanana Melanson. She likes gardening, bingo, wrestling and knitting. She was very involved in the Canadian Legion for many years.
My Mom's Mom - Nan Brown loves bingo, yard sales, quilting and cooks THE best pies in town.
Jay's Dad's Mom - Grammy Newman loves to quilt and makes delicious biscuits.
Jay's Mom's Mom - Nanny Fitzgerald is currently in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. She loved to read and look at pictures.

My Mom Joanne who the kids call Gramma loves to dance, read and eat BBQ chips. ;o)
Jay's Mom Andria (Nana) desperately wants to live back in Maine but works in CT. She loves to shop, shop and shop for her grandkids. She also reads and does puzzles.
Jay's Dad is remarried and Noella (Oma) likes to host gathering in her home and makes everyone feel welcome who comes thru the doors.
My Dad's wife Pam (Mammy Pam) is the newest mom in our lives and she is a teacher, is great with kids and remembers my kids on the holidays. She's good for dad.. haha
My Dad's 2nd wife Darlene is the mother of my sisters. She was a big part of my growing up. She is a talker and loves to listen and support people thru the tough times. She was a big part of my childhood.
And finally Stephanie Williams is a mentor who I think of like a mother. She is someone I met when I was 18 and has been there for me through some tough times. She loves to sew, sing, cook, and garden.

So... that's our crazy family!
Wishing all you moms out there a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: