Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby carrier review

I wanted a good baby carrier because I wanted to have free hands while holding Colin and I thought it might be hard chasing after a 5 and 3 year old with a stroller in tow.
So when I was pregnant with Colin, I did some research. I talked to friends and observed the moms I saw at church and the park and at stores. I wanted a carrier that'd work for newborns to toddlers. Wraps are popular these days but they are intimidating and I wanted a carrier that Jay could use with ease too.
I had a front only baby carrier for Vienna and Lance but I didn't use it much. They just didn't seem to like it and it was tricky to get on. I had to feed their little legs through the holes and could never do it with ease. I also had a backpack carrier with a metal frame that Jay used more than me. It was good for hikes but I never wore it because it wasn't comfortable and it hurt my back.
The winner this time around was the Ergo! CLICK HERE to view their website. And here is the one I bought:
I wore it today for the first time and it was soooo comfortable!
It's easy to get on.
There is no material between me and baby.
I can nurse in it.
There is a privacy hood/sun shield.
It has a pocket in the front for keys or whatever.
It didn't hurt my back at all.
I can wear it in the front, side and back!
I am definitely happy with my purchase and based on his reaction today, Colin is too. :o) He fell right to sleep in it.
I highly recommend this carrier!

1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Hey lady, I gave you an award today! You can check it out on my blog.