Saturday, March 13, 2010

Names?

What's harder than naming a boy?
Naming your second boy!!
We want to find a name that flows well with Vienna Evelyn and Lance Edward. (The middle name doesn't have to be E. That was just a coincidence.) It is tough because we prefer names that we hope to not hear at the playground. Common is ok... just not in the top 20 for kids our kids ages. We all remember the days with kids in the class with the same name.
We currently have a "default" name that I am more partial to. But would love to find a name that we BOTH love.
I like easy friendly sounding names like Ethan, Jake, Steven, and Kirk.
My husband likes "manly" names like Thaddeus, Stonewall, and Maximus.
See our dilemma?
Suggestions and feedback welcome.

7 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

What about a manly name that shortens into a friendly name? Like friends of ours named their boy Thad. (for them it's not Thaddeus, but it could be) The name game is a really difficult process!! We were never really decided on Carter's name, but when he came out we just with the name I had been wanting! Have you ever tried www.nymbler.com??

Kathy said...

I love Ethan. I think Thad would be cute and not so common. A friend I know just named her baby boy Graeden which I thought was very unique. And they live in Colorado so no risk of running into them! haha ...

Anonymous said...

Edward is our first son. LOVE the name. It is becoming much more common, but there are lots of short forms to choose if you want...he uses Edward. We were stuck for a name with #2 son and went for a royal theme....you understand?!

Anonymous said...

Ethan is VERY popular, I think in the top 10 boys names now. What about Declan or Dermot? Richard. I happen to like your husband's choices, any of them. Oliver is a personal fav.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Okay because I have NOTHING better to do (ha!) I did some thinking and browsing on baby names today and here are some ideas that are a mix between you and your husband's name types: Samson>>Sam, Matthias>>Matt, Lukas>>Luke, Alexander>>Xander or Alex, and then Owen or Dalton. I was thinking Edward too actually but then realized that was already Lance's middle name. Anyway, just some random names to throw at you! =) Can't wait to hear what you finally pick in a few weeks! Praying all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Oooo I like that name Thaddeus and shortened to Thad!!!!! Don't think I've ever heard of a child with that name before. I know what you mean by liking different and unique names. My brother's little girl's name is Shaylin....and I've only ever heard one other girl with that name. Good luck with your choice!!!!!!!!


Lori♪

pollyandaleczmom said...

We have an Alexander, but we shorten it to "Alec". I love it.