Saturday, October 3, 2009

Corn-Sausage Chowder recipe

I made this for supper last night. Jay said it was the the best he's ever had. Mind you he's a sucker for sausage. Thought I'd share.

Corn-Sausage Chowder
from americanbaby.com feb 2006

30min
6 servings

In dutch oven (I used my reg pot), cook 1 lb pork sausage (I used sweet italian sausage) and 1 cup coarsely chopped onion until sausage is brown and onion is tender. Drain well. (I didn't need to drain.)

Return sausage mixture to dutch oven. Stir in:
3 cups 1/2-inch pieces red potatoes
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano or marjoram crushed
1/8 tsp. black pepper
Brings to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until potato is tender.

Stir in:
One 15 1/4 oz can whole-kernel corn, drained
One 14 3/4 oz can cream-style corn, undrained
One 12 oz can evaporated milk.
Cook and stir until heated through.

I served w/biscuits and it was yummy!! That's all there was to it.

No comments: