Monday, October 26, 2009

Appreciation

I have friends with kids who are sick now from minor colds to throw up bugs. I read blogs about kids with major health issues. And there is just so much tragedy on the news and at every corner. I look at my precious babes and am so grateful to have healthy children. And so grateful for each day I get with them. I pray for their health regularly because I do not take it for granted. I praise God for this wonderful life. I know people question why there is tragedy in this world, and although that is a great conversation/debate, today I am just thinking that if I didn't hear about sickness, I wouldn't love my kids the way I do.
And if I didn't get a cold now and again, I wouldn't think how GOOD it feels to feel good!
Definitely have appreciation for health today. And for my big brown-eyed babies.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Amen to that!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I think about that anytime I'm sick now too - it makes being healthy that much more of a gift. Then I think about people with cancer, etc. who feel like crap all the time and it makes me so thankful that mine usually only lasts a few days.