Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Photo editing

I can not figure out Photoshop Elements on my own. I have it on my to do list to get someone to help me with that one day. Til then, I use free programs online: Picnik and Photoscape. They're sooo easy to use and I can edit/enhance pics with ease. Here is a sample of what you can do in Picnik. I took this photo earlier this month on a foggy day. I love the pic but it wasn't as vibrant as I wanted it.

Before:
After:
I love Photoscape for collages. I made a collage in my previous post about the kids playing with bubbles. You literally just click and drag pictures into a template. They have a bunch to choose from and it's SO EASY! (I used Picnik to make the title on my kids' blog. I prefer it for adding text.)
So until I get that tutorial in Elements, my edits will be in Picnik or Photoscape. Gotta love free!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey, Mary. It's Stephanie from MOPS. I use Elements 7 and LOVE it! I'm not that good at it, but it does what I need (brightening pictures, blurring backgrounds, the black and white with a spot of color...) it to. If you ever want a basic tutorial, let me know :-)