Monday, April 27, 2009

Banana Muffin recipe. Few ingredients - no butter or margarine!

I love allrecipes.com. I go on there before any other site when I'm looking to cook something. I especially go thru the feedback and comments left by other people who tried the recipe. Many tweak it so it's just right. And I only look at recipes that have a lot of reviews with 4 or 5 stars.

So today I had some very ripe bananas but was low on margarine and although I had butter didn't want to go thru the process of softening it. I hopped on allrecipes.com to see what I could find and voila: "lighter banana muffins". (Click on that to view it directly or find the recipe copied at the bottom of this post.

Based on the reviews the original recipe was dry so I added 4oz of apple sauce. The batter made 16 muffins not 10 like the recipe says. And they don't look ANYTHING like the picture on allrecipes.com! See...

And here I am pretending to be a photographer:



Just some proof that I took these pictures. Ha!


INGREDIENTS
2 eggs, beaten
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease or line 10 muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs and bananas. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture. Fold in walnuts if desired. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

I hope you try them and like them as much as I do!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Your a riot! And I can't wait to try them once I can eat 'real' food again. :) They look yummy!