Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Organizing jewelry

I read about covering a corkboard with material and hanging your jewelry on straight pins. I even shared the idea with a friend who did it! I'd been wanting to do it for a long time and after getting some new pieces at Christmas, I decided to just hang the corkboard without the material for now. It's great to see what I have so I can quickly decide on what I want to wear. I used a little piece of tulle for my earrings and they hook onto it perfectly! Voila... a pretty little display even if I didn't cover it and I used tacks instead of the 'hard to see' straight pins.

Another jewelry idea I got from Real Simple magazine. Store your earrings in ice cube trays. I told my mom about it and she showed me what she used so I copied.... A tray from a box of chocolates! Reduce Reuse Recycle!!! I love the gold one I have!

2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Or how 'bout an excuse to buy a box of chocolates? =)

Anna's Yellow House said...

Thanks for the tip! I just did something similar with my necklaces. I'll put a pic on my blog shortly.