Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas ideas

What do you do with the Christmas photos you receive each year? Thanks to Lynne B's idea, I now put mine in little albums by year and display them in a cute basket! Vienna loves going through them and it's fun to compare how kids have grown each year.

To count down the days til Christmas I bought Vienna this advent manger scene. They are magnets and she pulls out one a day as we count down Jesus' birthday (of course He is last). Last year was our first year doing this and it was a big hit. We sang songs or talked about whatever piece we pulled out.

My friend Dianne gave me these cute frame ornaments. Vienna wanted them on the tree but I didn't have pics for them. I suggested she put stickers in them but she wanted to draw princesses. Here are Ariel, Snow White and Cinderella. LOL!

And my last Christmas idea is about my manger scene. I bought one on clearance last year that was made out some synthetic material that won't break. Vienna is allowed to play with the set. Baby Jesus comes out of the manger too. I love it and it's practical for kids.

I wanted to show off the top of my bookcase. I collect Nutcrackers and found that cute little Canadian guy in Saint John two trips ago. LOVE HIM!

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked all of your Christmas ideas Mary! Good job :-) Bee

Tami Umland said...

I like your ideas, I think I will try and do the Christmas photo one this year. We also get baby pics throughout the year, and i was trying to figure out what to do with those too, maybe a separate album, or an album for each year. Oh, I love the Canadian nutcracker.