Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Driveway

I have lived in my house for 3 years. I gave birth to Vienna 2 weeks after moving in and Lance was born almost 2 years later. Now that the market stinks and we know we can't move for two years or so, we are finally making our home better. When we moved in, we replaced the carpets and months later painted the livingroom, kitchen and bathroom. Lance's room was painted before he was born. Vienna's and our bedrooms still have plain white walls. Jay is not a handyman and we have been blessed beyond belief to live in a home that requires only minimum cosmetic work. Other than the painting, we replaced the kitchen and bathroom faucets. That's the only work we've done.
We've been talking about the driveway since moving in. Jay has always had to park in the gravel and he hates shoveling over there in the winter and hates the weeds in the summer. Last month, a couple neighbors did their driveways and we were jealous. Then Monday our next door neighbors had the same company start on their driveway. I suggested Jay go and get a quote. Because their trucks were already here, they gave us a deal and voila... a new driveway!!!
This also helped give Jay the motivation to clean up the yard and get rid of all the junk including an old clothesline and swing from the previous owners. Now onto the next project... whatever that may be. (My vote is the front garden area.)






3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love it! We are doing the same thing around here - making some changes so that we can plan to stay in this house for awhile. And Bob is not handy at all either! =) The driveway is one thing he wants to have done, but for now it's not tops on my list. Someday ...

AmyD said...

Ooo la la! I like it, I like it!

Anna's Yellow House said...

awesome! I must confess that I'm having driveway envy...