Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bible time

I have been a Christian for 8 years come August 23rd. Reading the bible is something I get so much from but just don't prioritize. It's refreshing. It's comforting. It builds knowledge of God. It's important. Yet even knowing all this, I just struggle with opening it up. Recently a friend told me about a chronological read thru that she's been doing. She said it was helpful skipping to a Psalm as she read thru Kings, knowing what was going on when it was written. I didn't even know that such a guide existed! What a great idea. I have abandoned my cover to cover read thru (started years ago and never made it through Isaiah) so I can at least read the bible through in its entirety at least once in my life! So that's my lastest A.P.E.... getting on track spiritually.

No comments: